Breast augmentation is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed these days. Millions of women have received implants and enjoyed the benefits they offer, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the procedure is right for everybody. If you’re considering breast enlargement, it’s a good idea to look at all the pros and cons first.
Breast Augmentation Benefits
A breast augmentation can be a great way to create a curvier look that accentuates your figure, and the benefits aren’t just limited to appearance:
- Breast implants add volume that helps fill out clothing better and create more cleavage
- Enhancement of your natural curves can create a shape that is flattering and proportionate to the rest of your body, particularly for pear-shaped women who’d prefer to become an hourglass shape instead
- Boost your self-confidence by feeling more self-assured both in and out of clothing
Breast Implant Drawbacks
Despite the many advantages to your figure that breast implants can provide, there are a couple of drawbacks that you should keep in mind as well:
- Improperly sized implants or poorly performed breast augmentation can give your breasts a “fake” appearance
- The texture and feeling of your breasts may change, especially if using saline implants
- As with any cosmetic surgery, there’s a risk that you may not feel as happy with the outcome as you’d hoped
- Breast augmentation, like any surgery, will leave [url=http://www.beautysmoothie.com/should-you-worry-about-your-breast-augmentation-scars/] some scars [/url] behind
Having said that, it’s important to note that most of the downsides of breast implants can be mitigated by choosing an excellent board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast augmentation. In the right hands, breast enlargement should be custom-tailored to your needs, with results that feel natural and meet your personal appearance goals.