Tummy Tuck Candidates
Tummy tucks, like all surgical procedures, have risks, require recovery time, and leave scars. Those who are in good physical condition, follow a healthy lifestyle regarding diet and exercise, and do not smoke can be excellent candidates for a tummy tuck procedure at any age.
People who have medical problems such as higher weight, diabetes, high blood pressure, or autoimmune diseases may also be good candidates for a tummy tuck procedure if these medical issues are well controlled.
People who are obese, smoke, have multiple risk factors including heart or lung problems, poor mobility, history of blood clots, or who have unrealistic expectations for cosmetic surgery would be at high risk for a tummy tuck procedure and may not be eligible.
Choosing a Tummy Tuck
Your decision to have a tummy tuck in Charlotte is a deeply personal one. At your consultation, Dr. Ditesheim will discuss your motivations, evaluate your current situation, and help you understand all your options. In general, you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck if:
- You feel bothered by the size and appearance of your stomach.
- You have lost weight, but now have hanging, excess skin on your abdomen.
- You have tried to live a healthy lifestyle through a healthy diet and exercise and have achieved a stable weight.
- You are in good health and finished having children.
- You are a non-smoker or plan to quit smoking well in advance of the scheduled procedure.